View Single Post
      10-26-2022, 06:35 PM   #337
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

my first Porker was £10k back in 2000, and I paid that cash
my first BMW was around $36k I wanna say (CPO 3.5 years old 22k on the clock), I took out money from my investments after landing I would say 2-3 years and paid for it.

Now the 2'er (I was on around 30-40k I wanna say, doing a customer services job in IT)
I didn't and OH advised I should get a NEW car due to g'tee, parts etc etc, but I couldnt get the 2er I wanted, had to be a vert, nice color with CA

I was looking around the $30k ish mark and everyone I saw were dog's,then Covid hit, and life changed, I also had a heart attack and was on disability for about a year.

I was just about to give up as the 1'er was just starting to grind up with problems.
Then I tried to work out PX, down payment and loan (As I said I had the money but didnt wanna use it)

Then I saw a 2020 with 211km on the clock (in 2021) must been a demo, fully stacked, but black on black, wasnt keen but I went anyway, it was essentially a new car and the drive sold me.

I got a measly 10k for the PX and it was MORE than I really wanted to pay, but it was essentially a new 2, listed at around 50 something, after the PX, I had to play with payments, didnt want 5 yrs but I did as the car was just to good to miss.

Since then with the chip shortage, you cant get a car you want.

I took around 40k on 5yr finance, with about 10k deposit I wanna say, then I went self employed pretty much within a few weeks and my salery jumped to 90k or so (I recently got a raise to 98)

Some people do live beyond there means and a lot dont.

TBH I'm not really sure the point of the thread in so far as asking why or why not people can afford cars ? The same can be said about houses, some people buy mansions and live on spam.

If someone wants to live beyond there means, I don't know what the issue is ? At least they aint going out and shooting people are dealing drugs ? LOL or maybe they are.

I'd like to think I am not special in how I handle my finances, and I'm sure I'm not
Appreciate 0