06-24-2022, 04:21 PM   #7
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
That's why God made hats (and BMW supplied the wind-blocker)!
Haha, I don't like to wear hats. I sometimes wear a cap if I didn't bother to wash my hair and have to run an errand, that's about it.

To me, I think top down is perfect for city cruising, not at much higher speeds on highways (too noisy/windy and it's constant).

Quote:
Originally Posted by B21 View Post
I agree the car looks prettier all clean but in other parts of the world (Scotland almost any time of year) if you can enjoy higher road speeds then the turbulence and cold would render a 300 mile driving day infeasible.

On a nice sunny warm day (rare) I have the windows down on my local potter to the shops..but that’s a 7 mile trip at a max speed of 50 mph…

So what’s the priority…. looking cool and only using it for a few days of year or looking slightly less cool but doing 10k miles PA…all with the top down..
I dunno about the cool part, I sometimes feel self-conscious w the top down. For me, I like the top down to hear the car more, the other stuff many ppl find exhilarating (openness, wind in hair, sun bearing down... ) I'm either neutral or don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwooder View Post
Be happy you own and drive a Z4 that the top is not stuck up, 1/2 way up/down, or stuck in the trunk.
*fingers crossed* Just gotta do one's best to maintain...which I guess is lubricate, use it often, and eyeball all the wires, tubing, etc.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0