View Single Post
      07-11-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Water leaking into trunk well! #$#!%^#%

This thread was originally about me asking why my toolkit got all rusty...well, this was because it was stored in its usual location next to the battery at the base of the trunk and somehow my car developed a leak so that rainwater would accumulate into the trunk well instead of just falling down harmlessly onto the ground. (What a STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID design.)

Anyway, if you guys experienced this and have solutions, please lemme know. For the record, I 'think' my leak comes from water falling from the rear wall of the trunk; I don't think any of my visible trims are cracked.

EDIT:
So I found out the cause of the corroded tools was cuz the toolkit was sitting on some stagnant water trapped in the area behind the battery bay at the bottom of the trunk. I guess it's from sitting outside when it rains and somehow water is leaking in: the rest of the trunk is not wet so I think it may be seeping in behind the panels. Any help where and how I can plug up all the potential prb areas? I didn't see any damage in the seals lining the trunk lid.

(original)
So I checked my toolkit which is always stored in usual place in the trunk underneath the floor panel/near the battery and I guess it rusted due to accumulating some condensation? over the winter? Just wondering what can be done to fix it/make it look better?
Attached Images

Last edited by tranquility; 05-05-2023 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0