Thread: Cup holder?
View Single Post
      09-02-2018, 03:03 AM   #39
jancca
Finland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 45e '20&E89 Z4 35is '11

I isolated the unprotected ends with some tape, put the whole "package" in a small plastic bag and finally simply but carefully tucked it through the hole in the bottom. This is, as far as I have read from different forums, a common solution for doing this on the E89.

I will never have use for these wires as they pretty much represent outdated technology, meaning that they could be cut at the plastic connector, instead of leaving this messy collection of redundant connectors on place,

A much cleaner solution would most probably be to disconnect the harness somewhere up front, which I have seen to be done on other models. Here I am not sure exactly where the connecting point on the E89 is, been thinking of looking beneath the center console (the one surrounding the gear lever et c).

Has anyone done this, is it possible to disconnect the phone cables at the other end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laine_bmw View Post
Folks- I need some help. I'm midway through this process and got stuck. I was able to remove the US cupholder/snap in and I pulled the wires from the motherboard. But now I don't know what to do with the wires. The European console won't fit on top of them. One of the wires has two prongs at the end at a right angle, so I can't push them down. Photos below.

What have other folks done here? At this point, I've made an appt at the dealer to finish the install because I don't want to cut the wires and I'm at a loss to how to get that big one out of the way to get the Euro tray in.

thanks,
Laine
Appreciate 0