06-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #16
taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzaro View Post
Just finished and tested. Time to install : 4.5hours with 2 persons but no hoist. Bought the Catted ones as I have heard many catless downpipes and they make the car too loud in a bad way...too raspy for my liking.

Have ESS tune Stage 2 on 35is which is apparently compatible with the downpipes. I'm told it should adapt to the new flow.

The install went OK. Need to undo the steering rod to gain proper access. Also the bolts AR supplied were far too long. Had to use about 5 washers to space it so that the end of the bolt did not hit the pipe and wear a hole in it!

Car is slightly louder and the exhaust has a slight 'edge' to it - more racy. A little more burbles too. No drone or extra vibrations etc.

Response is up and engine seems to rev more freely. One of the first things I noted. Power feels increased, especially torque. But nothing major. I think I have to let the DME adapt to the downpipes. Either that or I will need to get a Cobb and have it pro-tuned.

All in all my aims have been satisfied: 1. A little more sound with the stock 35is exhaust (Did not want any rasp or drone or a car that is too loud) 2. Extra power and torque.
Do you still have the secondary cat ON?