03-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #5
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray7792 View Post
Thanks Asbjorn. I never heard of spool street, some good threads over there including your's. I wrote off ESS but i'll inquire with them and MHD if they have any sort of TCU revisions as part of the package.

Perhaps I'll stick with 18inch wheels as you did, roads around nyc & nj, aren't the best...

May I ask where you purchased the militek midpipe? I've been googling but didn't come across any vendors that had it in stock.
Yeah, ESS is a rare choice these days. Besides the DCT tune, Im sticking to it since I still haven't seen engine responsiveness tunes from other vendors. I regard engine responsiveness (vanos tuning etc) and throttle mapping as two separate areas to tune, and I absolutely love the engine responsiveness of ESS combined with the stock throttle mapping provided with DSC off. Since so few people have actually compared ESS and MHD in terms of responsiveness, they wont know the difference in this particular regard.

As for the milteks I purchased them 4 years ago in China. So can't help you there. It is my impression that lack of demand is limiting the supply. Recently I also had to get my downpipes custom made locally - I couldnt find any alternatives that offer dps w& race cats for the Z4.
Appreciate 0