02-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #25
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpilot View Post
I believe you did not have to roll up the window, curious if @sedan_clan agrees.

Thanks for sharing your story. I thought the only horror stories from 880 involved potholes and bent rims, and pothole cinders cracking windshields.

I'll bet the license plate cover was the only thing he could actually pull you over for, and the others don't qualify and can only be cited if the car is already stopped.
What do you mean? A car doesn't have to be stationary to write for tint, etc. The officer can easily see that a vehicle has no front plate or has tint on the driver/passenger side windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwilly View Post
Might just be me but in the bay area, I've found the CHP to much more pedantic about little things like tint, and license plate covers than anyone else. So much more that when I took a fix it ticket to my local police department to sign off on he laughed that anyone would even write the ticket these days.

We are sticklers about that stuff, but it's the nature of the beast. We're also more strict/focused when it comes to DUI enforcement, large vehicle/truck enforcement, etc. than most other agencies. The CHP is not a general purpose agency like a PD or SO.
Appreciate 0