05-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #14
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecasirhc
i still can't figure out how you placed a spring compressor in the rear left spring. I removed the coil bolt but I can't seem to pull the spring out. I've tried having someone stand on the wheel hub, but there simply isn't enough give. I loaned both types of spring compressors and I can't find a good mounting point. Doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Please help
DO NOT put the spring compressor on the spring while it's still mounted in the car. People have died this way. It should only be used when mounting it on a shock outside the car. If the compressor isn't fixed evenly all around it can come off and when the spring is under compression it'll shoot that compressor off like a missile.

So to answer your question, go to Home Depot and buy a 4 foot wrecking bar which you will use as a pry bar. You will figure out how to apply the bar to the trailing arm to release tension on the spring. Press down on the bar with all your weight and manly strength while your buddy grabs the spring and yanks it out.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0