View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #54
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
The X3M might not be that huge seller and will probably cost more in R & D. As for jaguar they are able to bring new cars with manual have a sporty line up and a suv at the same time. Even Lotus is thinking about suv these day. BMW use to have a sporty line up but it is slowly fading away. Plus If you look at the roots of M/// they weren't there for sales numbers.
While I'd love to see an F81 (would definitely be a dream car of mine), that's just not true. The X3M would outsell the F81 by a HUGE margin. Look at how many more F25 BMW sell compared to the F31. Not to mention the success the X5/6M's have had. The only people that want performance wagons are the folks in Germany and guys like you and I. It's a VERY niche market.

On a somewhat related note, I've had a chance to drive the new F85 a couple of times, and it's very very impressive. I know that's sacrilegious to say, but I'm just being honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiC View Post
They need to make another z4 M tbh. It has been long overdue
Unfortunately, that car is long dead. Even the last Z4M was hardly a sales hit. Now with the Z4 moving so far upmarket, I just don't see who would buy these. Even base N55 Z4 start at $56k. I'd imagine a Z4M starting at $70k, which is far too much IMHO.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0