View Single Post
      06-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #226
coincident
Rep
Drives: Porsche Turbo S Cab

Of all those who made a choice, how many have actually driven both cars. I have and ultimately bought a i8. It is not only beautifully built with fit n finish that is impeccable, it provides 3 different driving experiences in one. In traffic, the e drive is quiet, remarkably smooth and uses no gas. Comfort mode is just that - extremely comfortable and luxurious. And then there is sport, which transforms the i8 into a genuine high performance sports car. Wonderful sound and the best combination of the instanaeous torque of the electric motor combined with the added power of the gas turbo. What makes the i8 unique amongst all other sports cars, including Porsche, R8, Ferrari, Lamborghini, is how tight, solid and rigid the chassis feels. The suspension is a true marvel. Makes the roads feel like they have all be repaved. Go over bumps, uneven pavement and there are no rattles emminating from the dash, no noises coming from the chassis flexing, nothing. It is dead silent with the absence of extraneous noises which drive me batty in my Turbo S and every model Porsche I have owned. I have extensive experience with all the sport car contenders and have owned many of them, and I can attest to the fact that when it comes to regular road driving, as opposed to track work, no car has proven more satisfying to drive than my i8. The feel of being in the cockpit is for me, the most comfortable and satisfying I have yet experienced. I love everything about the i8 and the fact that I drove 1250 Kms without visiting a gas station is a nice bonus.

Last edited by coincident; 06-27-2015 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0