View Single Post
      05-22-2015, 01:32 AM   #17
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Exactly: "potential" as in it's not there and changes need to be made to get it there. Maybe you didn't understand my initial comment: the car could've been a lot better from the start as OEM but they chose to short-change us w/ certain inferior parts, runflats, have that complicated/heavy roof, etc. It's definitely not (anywhere close to) a track car out of the box unlike some others. It suffered HUGE weight gains from the outgoing model and that's the best comparison, nevermind comparing to the Boxster/Cayman where it also fails performance-wise.

It's a great GT and all-rounder but could've been A LOT better, that's all I'm saying.
Tranquility, I agree out the box the car could have been much better. My apologies for the misunderstanding. I know you love the e89 the same as I.

Thankfully we have these forums to share ideas , experience, and innovations. I'm grateful for the few members that really changed the game in regards to what can be done.

This right here, modifying cars, is my hobby. When I'm done I would love to give fellow members a test drive to see get their input, and also show them what can be done.

I just hate to hear a "lost cause" attitude. I'm sorry if I perceived you comment the wrong way...
GC LITES / BQ TUNE / MHD / FUEL IT BT ECA / WALBRO 525 LPFP / KW V3 / E9X M3 CONTROL ARMS / TURNER REAR CAMBER ARMS / RE BUSHINGS / H&R SWAYS / LUXON STRUTBAR / VRSF 7.5" FMIC / ER CP / TIAL BOV / VTT IN/OUTLETS / AFE PRO5R INTAKE / AR C.L. DP / BMS OCC / RB PVC / CF LIP + SIDE + SPOILER + DIFFUSER / IND REFLECTORS / BLK GRILLS / STUBBY / PB BBK / Forgestar F14 F: 19x9 et35 R: 19x10 et38/ Michelin PSS F: 245/35/19 R: 275/30/19
Appreciate 0