View Single Post
      02-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
giovannm
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Downpipe and metalli kat Supersprint on Z4 35i

Hi, I'm just come back from Supersprint where just mounted downpipe and kat 200 cells. My feeling is: 1) PERFORMANCE: in full acceleration not perceive an increase "monstrous" (... of course ... that will take care by the ECU), but there is a greater "aggressive" from 2500/3000 rpm up, then I went to see the array of power and torque and saw that indeed the greater increase in torque is at 3300 rpm. Upper reaches 100/150 rpm higher (from 5600 to 5700). The major difference is at partial loads, where the car is showing much more responsive throttle and takes turns with more speed. One senses the engine much more fluid and disappeared that even minimal turbo lag. One thing that I perceived clearly is shifting in case of violent escalation: more aggressive. Globally much more pleasant to drive, and with a make-up of electronic ... 2) SOUND: Exciting!! The very thing that I like is that it has maintained the original terminals at a constant speed (and therefore the valve on the discharge closed) there is no difference compared to the stock. But accelerated in the sound becomes metallic and 3500 rpm very aggressive, to make the idea very much like the M3 E46; shame not to have more than 1000 rpm. OIL TEMPERATURE: what I expected, that is no longer reaches the peak first. It 'true that the temperature these days helps, but I did the same route in the same conditions and in the leg while pulling on the mountains often exceeded 120 degrees, to return there has ever come close. CONCLUSIONS: preparation very successful, beyond my expectations (which were not targeted to benefits in an absolute sense), but that has optimized all what I expected (and still are always 338cv ..). As usual SS revealed all their skills, they put her weeks (downpipe is completely different from that of the 335i and 1M for which they had to remake it from scratch), but if you look at the photos is really well done. Also the great thing is that it works perfectly with their probes, without having to touch the electronics. I think that soon you will find the pieces available on their site. Available for clarification and photos.

Below the link with foto and dyno test:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6753277&type=1
Appreciate 0