View Single Post
      09-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
I'm betting most of us have a local shop we would recommend for an inspection if you want to do that - and I have no issues with test driving someone else's car :-D

My priorities (must haves) were DCT, 35i, sport seats, cold weahter package, not base stereo, Idrive, 2012+, less that 20K and price. I was really open to the color, wanting white or yellow to begin with, and absolutely no brown/black inside/outside.

When it came down to 2 cars, it was a sliver sport (4 miles away) or a red non-sport (bumpers) up in Pittsburgh (1100 miles). I'm not a sliver fan, so that was really a deciding factor (as well as the deal I was getting).

I also originally wanted the 19" rims, but my butt is happy with the 18s. My wife hated the RFT bad enough on the trip back from Pitt that 1/2 way home she said get rid of them. Got a nail in the rear 4 days later and they were off with only 11K miles on them. Best upgrade yet.

I'm hoping I can eventually find the extended leather to add, as it is a nice touch, but very rare. Sport bumper covers can be added, but the understated look of the non-sport I like - call it a sleeper look...

Unlike my old e38 - there is really not a ton of (factory) options to change - nor a ton of inventory, so make sure get what you want (or close) from the start.
When the time comes for me to go from research to purchase, I will definitely be considering the idea to get someone to check out a prospective car for me.
I imagine that lots of enthusiasts would have fun checking out my car!
I'm interested in the Run Flats and why they are such and issue. It actually took a while for me to realize that this car has no spare tire!
I drove a 35i that had RFT but didn't notice anything weird...although my mind was concentrating on other stuff.
I really wish there was a reasonable way to upgrade to iDrive, because so many great deals have many other options I want, but lack the iDrive which is a deal breaker for me...but clearly I am not even going to consider it, even if it is possible.
Frankly, I find it odd that so many original buyers ordered this car without the iDrive system...but to each his own!
Appreciate 0