08-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #12
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER View Post
Jumping the Z using the Engine bay jumper connections does nothing to send power to the car. You are merely remotely sending power to the Battery thru the remote battery cables which lead directly back to the main battery cable which in the case is disconnected. Power will never reach the battery to power the car as the positive power cable is not connected to the car.

Did you call BMW?
After many attempts with many different ways of "jumping" thru the front + and ground, I have concluded that unless the battery in the trunk is fully connected, nothing will happen.

Although the car is being stored from the summer heat of Hong Kong, I still can't believe there isn't a more simple solution to this "very common" simple mistake. So here I am, day by day trying out something new and continuously searching for solutions (online, mechanic friends, forums, etc, BMW but no reply yet).

Can you guys check to see if there's even a release latch from the inside of the trunk? A picture would be great so I can start fishing for it with a hanger wire or something with a more specific location. The trunk lid is slightly open (about half an inch) so I could probably reach in with something slim but definitely not a whole arm or hand.

Getting a little tired of this shit lol.