View Single Post
      05-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Tamman69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 2009 SDrive23i

Replacing the speedometer -

Hi All,

I've got a Left Hand drive z4 23i. I'm now living back in the UK and one of the criteria for getting the car registered here (apart from the hideous plates!) is that the speedo shows miles per hour. Mine (German spec) shows Km/h

For the privilege of changing this over, my local stealership would like me to hand over £1,000+ Thanks guys...

I've noted on ebay that you can get the cluster at a reasonable price. See here

So my question to those mechanically minded out there. Can this be done? It seems that the 'mileage' for the car is associated with the cluster. Note the ebay entry above states 'unknown mileage'. Do you think I can get this cluster and then get a local friendly garage to install and still be legal? Anyone done anything like this before?

Imagine, if only there had been a combo mp/h km/h speedo in the first instance - not so cool, but I can do a lot of cool things with £1K

BTY, the other thing you have to do is alter the throw of the main beam. As stated in the manual, this can be done with a flipped switch on the Xenons; it works, but it is very wierd after years of them pointing the other way!

Thanks for any help

Tamman69
Appreciate 0