First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePulpan View Post
Well I understand you as well. I do not like it too, but when you have M packet and 35iS its like ///M. But I agree with you
But its not. The M styling pack is just a bit of trim, or slightly stiffer shocks, it has no impact on the car's drivability like a real M car does. An M car has been engineered, engine, suspension, steering etc has all been developed and modified by a completely different, race bred division called 'M'. A non M car, no matter how many badges, is not an M and that's where I grumble when people try to make or imply their car is something it is not.

I blame BMW to some extent for this, but they're not alone. 'M Sport' implies a connection to 'M' division that simply does not exist. Mercedes are doing the same now where you can buy, for example, an E class saloon 2.1 diesel 'AMG'. Its not an AMG, its been nowhere near AMG, its a slow diesel saloon with complete focus on economy and they put different bodywork on it, just like BMW do, but it does not drive like an AMG and has no AMG specific parts.

Its branding to fool us.. which doesn't work with me I'm afraid. Typically they cream another 3000-4000 from us in the UK to get M Sport or AMG Pack cars when they don't cost BMW any more to manufacture and bring nothing more to the table than bodywork or perhaps slightly stiffer or lowered shocks which require no more investment or development than the OEM stock kit.

Beef over.. for now lol.
Well, Im stillness :-). I agree with you.
Appreciate 0