12-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #42
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
In all seriousness though, if you are going to trade it in soon anyway, now is a great time while it is running nicely. From what others have posted seems like once you start experience symptoms replacing injectors is a matter of when, not if
I'd like to keep a car till the end of of its life, so I'll 'tough it out'. Besides, not sure I can find another car that fits all my criteria like the Z4.

I'm really confused about all these cases of having to replace various combinations of coils/injectors/plugs...esp injectors...how could they physically be defective? How long do they usually last in other cars? The dealer said that the injectors had a fault code, but I'm not sure what that means...they are crap and must be replaced? What if they are just clogged? I know if there is a puncture in a RFT, they would suggest replacing them too, but of course one can get them plugged elsewhere and they're perfectly fine. (Ok, wishful thinking, but just wondering...)

Car has been good save for those 2 near-limps. Will try some addictives first before even contemplating about shelling out $3K+.
Appreciate 0