View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #113
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Hi Maniac! Just to chip in as I am in the UK also! I have sold my Z4 back in November last. I only bought mine last April so had it 6 months. My car was a staff car for a BMW staff member. Right from the start I had issues, if you care to pop in and read my previous threads you will gain some idea. Having said this it is no were near your hassles. My final decision to get rid was when my dealer agreed that I had an issue with the rear axle (somewhere??) they wanted to hold onto the car for 10 days without even working on it and did not offer a loan car! For me the final straw!!!
Now the kicker in all of this!!!! I wanted to go back to a BMW 6 series, so wanted to trade the Z4 back to a Dealer and get a 640 or 635, BUT BMW would only offer me 65% of what I paid for the car 6 months previously and that against buying another from them. The offer was £10k less than I paid, and it got worse because nobody wanted the Z4, repeat no BMW dealer wanted to take on my Z4 !!!!!!!! (by the way it was immaculate, better than new as they agreed)
I contacted the BMW dealer I bought the car from (Synter's Coventry) but the salesman did not respond for days after repeated calls.
So I then researched the market as I wanted a droptop 4 seater, (hence the 6 series) but by this time I hated BMW.
So I went to Mercedes and eventually bought a E class 350 cabriolet (2010) model. When I did the trade in the offered me £2.5k more than BMW but again here comes the next kicker!!! They told me that they approached 8 BMW main dealers (as Mercedes will not hold BMW cars on their forecourt) and 7 of the dealers said they had no interest whatsoever in making an offer on my Z4!!!!!!
After having my new Mercedes (which I am very pleased with to a point, as Mercedes have also proved to be as bad on warranty as BMW on a particular matter over some trim) anyway I met someone who works for BMW at a function and naturally started chatting about cars and yes I told my tale of woe, and he told me that BMW considers the Z4 as the worst car they have model wise and are stuck with so much stock and quality issues that it is a real issue, and is a financial bag of worms as they depreciate faster than a plane falling from the sky !!
You may ask why do I persist in carrying on with this forum, well my brother bought one partly on my recommendation, his first sports car!! And whilst his car appears to be a good one, no issues, I like to keep my eye on trends!
This is the abridged version of events and sorry if it is a bit long!!!!!
Appreciate 0