View Single Post
      12-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
ManiacGT
Major

Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Send a message via MSN to ManiacGT
Active Dynamic Thingy Bob Suspension...

So, that adaptive suspension thing, does anyone else here have it, and do you think it helps reduce or heighten the harshness of the ride?

I know that normal mode is classed as comfort, but it seems like every pothole I hit, say a manhole thats perhaps 1.5-2inches deep results in a bone shaking crash sound and feel from the car. Comfy the rest of the time buy I do spend part of my time driving looking for any road imperfections, which annoys me. Perhaps its the 19"'s?

I originally plumped for this active suspension thinking it would result in a better and more controlled ride. Now in sport and sport + its as you'd expect, tighter and more fun, but in normal mode while comfy, it seems to believe that a pothole is a rapid manoeuvre and stiffens up the suspension ready for.. bang.. the pothole or manhole cover thats sunken.

Tonight due to a lane closure and traffic lights, I was guided to the other side of the road while oncoming traffic waited on a red. At 20mph the front wheel hit a manhole cover/grate (sunken around 2 inches) and made an almighty bang, very shortly of course followed by the rear wheel... all the time I'm cringing thinking '296'...

I remember test driving a 23i with normal M suspension and not feeling quite the 'bang' over sunken manhole covers... or is it my faulty memory?