View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand008 View Post
I'm in the market for an 09 or 10 35i, and for some reason, all of the cars with blue and exclusive ivory interior (the combo I prefer) seem to have been ordered with out heated seats.

Apart from being baffling, this puts me in a predicament. I feel heated seats are a must have in a modern roadster, but the heated seats in my previous BMW's have not been particularly effective compared to other cars I've owned.

So, how much do your heated seats extend you driving days and at what tempurature do they become ineffective?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to joining the community as a "real" member soon.
I agree I would never buy a roadster without heated seats. I use mine every winter morning here in chilly SoCal. In the afternoon its top down and soaking up the sun. At level 3 they are warm to my back in about 2-3 minutes, then I cycle them back to level 2 or 1. I find the heating capability is comparable to my wifes 2003 E46 vert.

During the cooler days with the top down they are great. I've used them top down to the low 40's. No complaints here.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0