01-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJS View Post
I really don't intend to stir the pot here, but in az34's defense even the current issue of Roundel includes reference to complaints by Z owners about the lack of coverage of Z's in the magazine. I also read in these forums, while biting my tongue, people disparaging the Z4, as not being a "true" sports car (whatever that means). I believe the only satisfying response, as mentioned by others in various posts, is to ignore those comments and be content with our own happiness and pleasure in owning and driving this beautiful car (which will happen for me in a few weeks when mine is delivered). It's not a show-stopper, not a true sports car, not a whatever? So what exactly is the point of such comments? And more importantly, who cares?
when i post that topic, the last thing i want was to light a fire.All i'd done was relating the facts that in the 10 days i spent in Vegas and surrounding states i never saw a Z4 (E89-E85) since the weather was perfect blue sky all the way 70's degree + it caught my attention, and i just want to exchange whit people on the forum.But for whatever reason (good or bad) it turn to be to much emotional for some.
Appreciate 0