08-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #29
BimmaDrew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 325 Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
I definitely would have made the same choice today as I did 2 years ago and gone with the Turbo 6 over the Turbo 4. For me, the additional gas mileage isn't anywhere close to the benefit of the additional power and torque the Turbo 6 has over the Turbo 4.

If it was all about gas mileage and saving money I would have gone with a Miata.
Like you said, it's all about personal taste and situations. Although the 35i, the 28i, and the Miata are all on my list, I feel that the 28i is a good fit for someone like me who wants decent power with very good overall package.

The Miata handles incredibly well and has great gas mileage (although the 28i will have better mpg than the Miata), but I want a tad more power, comfort, and luxury too. Don't get me wrong, I would choose the 35i or a Porsche over the 28i if money wasn't an issue, but times a little tighter than I care for...at least it's not too tight where a Miata (or nothing) is my only option.

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one in this situation, otherwise auto makers wouldn't have bothered downsizing their engines like they are starting to do.

To each his own...
Appreciate 0